Chilli pickle is one of the famous Indian foods that almost every vegan likes. The history of this cuisine started almost 5,000 years ago. It began when different cultures and groups communicated to Indians, which led to rich flavors and types of food.
Some regional cuisines influence Indian cuisine in general. The reason why these foods are different from one another is due to the variety of the culture, soil type, occupations, climate, and ethnic group.
The availability of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices is also one of the factors why each region has its signature dish. Therefore, the same name of the dish between one and another area does not mean it has a similar presentation and taste.
To have delicious, fresh pickles successfully, you need to pick the freshest products from the market. Do not buy ingredients using wax that is usually available in a supermarket. Besides the freshness of the products, make sure to scrub the food thoroughly.
If you want to use salt, it is better to pick canning or pickling type instead of table one. The reason is that there are no additives contained in it. Meanwhile, this salty ingredient can iodize and make the vegetables’ texture and color change.
This super easy vegan food will be your favorite instant solution to give spicy flavor to boring, tasteless food.
Honey vinegar will be used in this recipe to replace the use of the non-halal ingredient. However, do not use it too much because your vegetable will be tasted sweet instead of the right level of acid.
If you are a fan of Indian food, try this chilli pickle. This fresh recipe is for 10 servings and needs only 15 minutes to complete all the steps.
Nutrition Highlights (Each Serving)
In this fresh chilli pickle, there are 664 Kcal calories, 11.2 gm protein, 4.5 gm carbohydrates, and 66.8 gm fat. Another nutrient inside this recipe is 469.2 mcg vitamin A for each serving.
Ingredients for Executing Chilli Pickle Recipe
- 20 chilies, any kinds of chili will be alright to modify, but jalapeno is the most recommended one
- 150 ml distilled malt vinegar
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 8 allspice berries
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1 red onion
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 springs of thyme (choose the fresh one!)
How to Cook Fresh Chilli Pickle
- Put bay leaf and thyme, allspice berries, peppercorns, and sugar into boiling water along with the vinegar. Then, wait until 2 minutes. After that, turn off the stove and cool it down.
- Prepare the onion and slice it finely after peeling it. For the peppers, slice them after deseeding them.
- Slice up every chili.
- Put the vegetables and chilies in a clean bowl. Then, take vinegar and pour it over. After that, stir and just leave it for a night. Do not forget to stir it again before you serve it.
- For any leftover, store the pickle in a jar and seal it. Put it in your fridge.
We hope that you execute this chilli pickle recipe well. Whenever you want to spice things up, just open your fridge, and take some fresh, ready dish. Share your modified ingredients and methods if there is any. Good luck!