“The dip is low in sugar and brings you a natural and fresh taste.”
The cranberry sauce recipe is a simple companion to some meats such as goose, chicken, or duck. The taste is deeper than the tomato dressing and juicier compared to the strawberry dip.
Moreover, make it in advance and prepare it while cooking the other meal. Even though it is best served with salty food, you can also make it the bread dressing. It is better than the chocolate sauce or packaged strawberry jam.
Cranberry sauce is a blast to boring, tasteless meals. The unique taste and its mesmerizing red color make food more appetizing.
The homemade cranberry sauce is also healthy and contains good nutrition. A hundred gram of berries means 150 grams of vitamin C.
It is high in antioxidants. Regular consumption of this berry will prevent free radicals, which is the main cause of cancer and aging.
Finally yet importantly, the cranberry sauce calories are quite low. Per serving, there is only 122 kcal, 0.2 g fat, 33.2% sugar, 0.5 g protein, and 33.2 g carbs.
For those who are still on a diet program, this dip is the best choice to make your meal more flavored. Well, let us start making this cranberry dip and taste the unique sensation in your table.
There are only five ingredients to make this dip recipe. Those things are as follows.
- Thawed cranberry, frozen or fresh, 500 g
- Two apples, peeled and cut
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- 1.5 sticks cinnamon
- A teaspoon of unsalted butter
How to Make Cranberry Sauce Recipe
You need to follow these short steps to make the special cranberry sauce recipe.
- Prepare a clean saucepan; make sure it is dry.
- Put the saucepan on the low heat.
- Put in the unsalted butter until it melts; pour the thawed cranberries and apples.
- Stir them until the cranberry and apple bursts.
- Now you are ready to put in the other ingredients.
- Simmer them gently until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the fire; leave the mixture cool for a while.
- After that, put the dip in a clean bowl, or you can prepare an airtight jar to be a present. It can be a great thanksgiving gift!
How Long Does The Cranberry Sauce Last?
If you properly store the dip in the room temperature, then it can last until 10–15 days. However, we might make it longer with these steps.
- If you want to keep it at room temperature, put the dip in the air-tight jar so that it can last until around 20 days.
- You can also keep the sauce in the freezer so that it can last until a month. Still, store the dip inside a tight jar to prevent the taste change.
- After it gets out of the fridge, microwave for 1 minute so that the dip can melt and ready to serve.
With its garnet color and peculiar tart taste, the cranberry sauce recipe is the best thing to have whether on your regular day or special time like Thanksgiving.