“Who can resist the deliciousness of meatball? Over countless recipes, one that will blow your mind (and tongue, of course) is polpette.”
The popularity of this culinary has been traveled across the globe. The original recipe of polpette has been made for over fifty years by nonna Francesca. One day, she met a house cleaner that worked near her husband’s shop in Italy.
Turned out, this house cleaner’s family already made this food the same way from generation to generation. In Italy, people serve this with spaghetti sauce. The purpose is to ensure the richness of flavor: sour, salty, and spicy. Are you interested to try it out?
Nutrition per Serving
The energy level you will get from this food per 100 g serving is 386 cal, 19.4 g carbs, 21.3 g fat, and 7.2 g sugars. Thankfully, you will get 61% protein or 30.5 g. More than enough to fulfill the need for lunch or dinner, is not it?
- 300 g breast chicken, cook it well
- 30 ml full cream milk, adjust it with the healthier variation if you want it
- 3 slices of crustless brown bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g olives
- Fresh leaf parsley, suit one’s taste
- 4 tbs grated parmesan cheese, or other cheese you have
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs capers
- Adequately olive oil
- Extra breadcrumbs to make it tastier
- 800 g chopped potato, you can use tin or fresh
- Sugar, if needed
- 3 cloves garlic
- Large and sharp knife
- Hot-proof bake sheet
- Frying pan
- Tablespoon and teaspoon
How to Cook Baked Polpette Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350o F.
- Cut the chicken out roughly; make sure the texture still there. Set aside.
- Crumb the bread and mix it with milk. Leave it until the milk is fully absorbed.
- Strip the garlic, and then chop the parsley finely.
- Blend olives, capers, milky bread, cheese, and garlic with the blender. Add egg and chicken; choose the quick speed to make sure you do not lose the texture. Stop blending if the dough is chunky enough to be shaped into balls.
- Pour salt and pepper; suit one’s taste. Mold the dough.
Tips: Put more breadcrumbs if the mixture is too sticky, wet, and hard to be shaped.
- Prepare the hot-proof bake sheet; cover the surface with oil. Put the ball-shaped dough into it then bake for 30 minutes.
- Turns the ball upside downs, make sure all side evenly turns into golden color.
- Heat oil in the frying pan, set in medium heat.
- Put strip and crush the garlic into the hot oil, cook it until the smell is good and the texture is softened. Do not let it be too brown unless you want it to be overcooked.
- Put the tomato; cook it for about 10 minutes. Stir to make it even. Keep doing until the sauce thickened and the water absorbed.
- If you use acidic tomato (usually in tin formed), sweeten it with sugar and season it with more pepper and salt. Do not forget to taste.
- Pour the sauce before the polpette well done cooked.
- Serve with parsley to make it more eye-pleasing and tempting.
It is not too tricky for you who just try to cook, right? Spend 45 minutes to 1 hour and delicious polpette is ready to serve.