Laksa paste, a signature dish from Malaysia and Singapore, is known for its delightful coconut taste. Compared to other soupy meals, laksa paste needs more time to serve and complex ingredients. However, what you will get is a satisfying food, full of nutrition, and healthy.
“This comfort food is usually served on special occasions like family meetings, small parties, or feast.”
Nutrition per Serving
A bowl of Singapore chicken laksa paste recipecontains 650 kcal, 23.5 g fat, 32.1 g protein, 70.9 g carbs, and 5.7 g fiber. It is enough to fulfill an adult’s stomach for almost a half-day!
If you are looking for a portion of comfort food to energize yourself, our chicken laksa paste is a perfect choice. Take your time, let’s try this heritage dish and feel its unique sensation.
Ingredients of Laksa Singapore
Group the ingredients into two: for laksa and the chicken.
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil/sesame oil
- A tablespoon of soya sauce and fish sauce
- 2 cube of chopped chicken meat
- 4 cm of ginger
- 2 red chili
- ½ tablespoon of ground turmeric
- A butternut squash
- Enough spring onions
- A cube of vegetable stock
- ½ heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
- Enough Kaffir lime, dried
- Enough fresh coriander
- 350 g rice noodle
- Asparagus, 600 grams
- 2 limes
- 500 ml of heavy coconut milk
- 3 chicken thighs, peel off the skin
- Enough Chinese five-spice powder
- A piece of red chili
- 2 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoon of sesame seeds
How to Make Delicious Chicken Laksa Paste
These are the easy steps on how to cook a portion of chicken laksa paste at your home.
- Prepare a greaseproof paper; put the chicken thighs above it.
- Toss the chicken with some seasonings such as black pepper, Chinese spice, and salt. Fold the paper.
- Baked the chicken in a griddle pan, turning the side, check whether or not it has cooked enough (takes around 4 minutes).
- Prepare a large pan. Pour the water (about 800 ml) into it.
- Wait until the water is boiling.
- Put the squash after chopping its neck (do not peel it).
- Pick the ginger, chili, garlic, turmeric, onions, peanut butter, coriander, lime leaves soy, fish sauce, and the oil.
- Put them all in a blender, blend until it becomes the paste.
- In the boiling water, add the noodles.
- After it softens, pour the paste.
- Cut the asparagus in half; trim it.
- Put the asparagus into the pan.
- Pour the coconut milk; stir all the ingredients until they blend well.
- Taste it, if you think that it is not salty enough, pour the sea salt or soy sauce.
- You can add the limejuice for a fresh taste.
- Let us move to the chicken for a while. Spread honey over it and squeeze the lime juice.
- Pour the sesame seeds as the garnish.
- Chop some onion leaves also as the garnish to this laksa dish.
Now your laksa paste with the chicken recipe is ready to serve. This dish is a comfort meal that does not only make your stomach full. It brings you happiness and can stick all the family members while eating on the table.