A bowl of real mushrooms soup brings a perfect combination of Portobello with the velvety sauce. Whether you like to have this menu as the main course or appetizer, it is better to serve up with bread for dipping.
Its creaminess comes from coconut milk, so your soup will be thick enough. However, you can use cream from the same fruit to get rich textures.
“It is one of the healthy mushroom recipes without cream.”
Furthermore, most soups are better blended, but you can skip this process. It is great to enjoy the creamy soup with chunky mushrooms. Their flavors perfectly mix with spices and coconut milk.
Any other wild mushrooms are suitable for this recipe, depending on what is easy to get hold of around. If you want to mix the soup with shiitake, porcini, or oyster, go for them.
You might add more flavor to the dish with various wild mushrooms. Feel free to simplify or modify the original recipe as desired.
Nutrition Information in One Serving Size of Vegetarian Mushroom Recipes
How many calories are in 280 grams of real mushrooms soup? One bowl of this vegan dish contains 271 calories. It has 3 g fiber, 7 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 8 g sugar, 623 mg Sodium, and 22 g fat. The other nutrition is 16% calcium and 13% iron. Therefore, you can eat much without worry.
That simple mushroom soupserves four portions. To have it as a main course, you can add some regular or fancy bread. It is also a delicious sauce to pour over baked potatoes.
Yummy and Easy-To-Make Real Mushrooms Soup
Materials You Need To Make the Soup
- 500 grams of sliced white button mushrooms
- 250 grams of sliced brown button mushrooms
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh herbs
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add garlic, onion, dried oregano, and basil, sauté it briefly.
- Add sliced mushrooms and soy sauce. Stir around for about one minute.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes and cover the pot. This process allows the mushrooms to release their water.
- Remove the lid when you notice moisture from the mushroom.
- Cook for further 10 minutes until the moisture disappears.
- Pour the coconut milk. Stir occasionally to blend the flavors.
- Cook for 10 minutes again. You can take half of the soup and blend it into a puree.
- Then, pour the puree back in the pot and stir quickly.
- Add black pepper and salt adequately to taste.
- Garnish with fresh herbs before serving. You can also sprinkle some slices of fried mushroom on the top of the soup.
There are some different ways to enjoy eating the dish. To give extra flavors, add a spoon of lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the middle of the soup. Besides, you can put some sliced of grilled crostini into the bottom of a bowl before pouring the creamy mushroom.
This is an easy recipe, but flavorful and rich. It spends 30 minutes cook time to make an ultra-creamy real mushrooms soup for vegan. Thus, you can serve the dish as an ideal appetizer.