Tacu tacu is a unique culinary from Peru. Back then, people make this food to use leftover beans and rice. Therefore, you do not need to throw them away but the taste is still good. To present the real vibe of Peruvian, put additional salsa, meat, grilled thin steak, or fried egg.
If you prefer to eat something hot and spicy, extra-hot chili sauce with additional crisp plantain will be great too.
“Are you feeling bored with a typical rice dish? Mix it with some leftover beans and you will get Peruvian-vibe meal.”
Tacu Tacu Calories
Generally, an adult person needs 2,000 calories per day. It may vary depending on your activity, age, and physical condition. Tacu tacu provides you 476 cal or 24% out of a meal serving. Other things are fat (10.8 g or 15%), protein (18.4 g or 37%), carbs (74.8 g or 29%), and sugar (9.9 g or 11%).
- 300 g white rice, prefer long grain
- 1 plantain
- 1 red chili, fresh
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 onion
- 400 g haricot beans
- Hot chili sauce, only if needed
- Olive oil, adequately
- Something to cook the rice (rice cooker or pot with stove)
- Large knife
- Frying pan
How to Cook Tacu Tacu
- First, cook the rice. You can use an electric cooker for an instant way or pot. Let it cool.
- Slice and peel the plantain into thin shape.
- Peel and chop the garlic, onion, and chili. Do not make it too big unless you want the appearance to become messy.
- Prepare the beans; make it drained.
- Get your frying pan covered with oil but do not put it too much.
- Turn on the stove at medium heat; put the frying pan on top of it. Before adding the other ingredients, make sure the oil is already hot enough.
- Fry the plantain until it softened and evenly brownish colored. Set aside but do not let it be too cold. Otherwise, it becomes no longer crispy.
- Check the oil; is it still enough to cook other things? If no, add some and let it hot.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and chili, set on medium heat. Pay attention to the time allocation because it only takes around 7 minutes. If more than that, it will be burnt.
- Put the rice, beans, and hot chili sauce. Stir it well.
- Increase the heat and fry the mixture. Stir it until the rice commencing to crisp up. Keep doing and stop when it is already piped hot.
- Before you take it out from the frying pan, make sure the crisp texture is even. Then, arrange on your favorite plate.
- Now, start doing the fried and heat the plantain. You can use the same pan, but do not forget to add some oil.
- Tacu tacu is ready to serve!
With the measurement of ingredients above, you can serve tacu tacu for four persons. The total time needed is only one hour, no wonder if this recipe is categorized into immensely easy. Just try to prove it by yourself!