Who says becoming vegetarian means you cannot enjoy a delicious meal? Not to mention, there is no need to spend too much to cook; it is a double victory, right? So, let me introduce everyone with vegan moussaka.
Nutrition per Serving
The number one thing every vegetarian must be worried about non-meat food is nutrient. As we know, meat has a bunch of animal protein that is good for the body. That is why you have to pay attention to the detail of vegan moussaka.
For 100 grams of serving, you will get 311 calories that equal to 16% out of it. Besides, there are 18% fat, 25% protein, 14% carbs, and 10% sugars. For the sake of digestion, 5.8 grams of fiber will be good for your stomach. It is ideal for a diet person.
“An immensely piece of cake gluten-free food which fulfills your nutrient needed.”
Ingredients of Vegan Moussaka Recipe
- 160 g red lentils
- 650 g scoured potatoes
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 leaves picked thyme
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 tsp salt and sugar
- 1 veggies stock cube
- 250 g cheese, prefer ricotta or feta
- 50 g grated cheddar
- 2 thinly sliced eggplants
- Black pepper, suit one’s taste
- Preheat the oven to 200o C.
- Put lentils into a bowl of water; make sure it is soaked.
- Pour water to the saucepan, then put the potatoes on it and boil. Turn down the heat; let it cold and soft.
- Cook the onion on medium heat for at least 6 to 7 minutes or until it smells good.
- Add cinnamon, thyme, garlic, and oregano; let them cooked for a minute.
- Put tomatoes, pepper, salt, and sugar until smoldering.
- Pour water into tomato tin and put it on the saucepan. Make it twice before you add the stock cube. The total water volume must be 1 pint 8 fl oz or 800 ml.
- Shrink lentils and stir it into the tomato puree for 20 minutes. Keep doing until the water absorbed finely, and the lentils are no longer hard.
- Shrink the potatoes and let it cold enough. Peel the skin and slice it.
- Take half the sauce of lentil to the hot-proof dish.
- Put the eggplants and potato on top of the layer. Arrange the remaining eggplants, potato, and lentils to be tempting topping.
- Mix ricotta with the cheese, take the dough on top of the eggplant and let it smooth out.
- Bake the dough for about 25 minutes until the color turns into golden brown and smells good.
- You can get green salad as an additional condiment.
- Vegan moussaka is ready to serve!
It is quite simple, right? Even though you are not an expert home cook, the deliciousness of vegan moussaka can still be enjoyed all by yourselves. With the measurement of the ingredient above, this meal is for 12 servings, and the total time needed is just 45 minutes to 1 hour.